40' Standard Box Car, Single Door CP 51029 N Scale
Canadian Pacific Railway 51029
Built by National Steel Car Company, Hamilton,
Ontario in July of 1956, this 40' standard box car with single door was part of
a 1000 car fleet. Information to the right of the Youngstown type door reads:
‘TO BE USED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NEWSPRINT, PAPER, FLOUR AND SUGAR OR OTHER HIGH
CLASS MERCHANDISE' and is painted in white on the red car body. The stepped CPR
name replaced the ‘Spans the World’ logo in 1950 and was used until 1964.
Operations of CP Rail, D&H and the Soo Line have since been integrated under one
new name - CP Rail Systems.